ITHACA, N.Y. – Forrest Lambert (Aurora, Colo.) scored with 33-seconds remaining, snapping a 6-6 deadlock as the Wells College men's lacrosse team battled back from a 5-1 first half deficit to top the Mt. St. Vincent College Dolphins 7-6 on Saturday afternoon at Schoellkopf Field on the campus of Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y.  With the victory the Express improve to 2-2 while the Dolphins fall to 5-3 on the season.

Jonathan Mulcahey (Fulton, N.Y.) paced the Express with three goals, one assist, and four ground balls. Lambert finished with two goals and a team high five ground balls, Dan Munsell (Doylestown, Pa.) added one goal and one assist, and Richard Aberle (Essex, N.Y.) tallied a goal to round out the scoring highlights for Wells. Christopher Galluzzo (New London, N.H.) was sensational in net for the Express finishing with 11 saves to earn the victory in net.

Mt. St. Vincent came out and controlled the game from the start, outscoring the Express 4-0 in the first quarter. The Dolphins continued in the second quarter scoring 11:54 into play as they would take a commanding 5-0 lead.

The Express tightened up the on the defensive end, holding the Dolphins scoreless the rest of the quarter, while an unassisted goal by Lambert with 34-seconds remaining cut the lead to four (5-1) at the break.

The second half belonged to the Express. After firing 12 shots on goal in the first half, the Dolphins managed just five shots on goal in the second and the Express offense capitalized.

Mulcahey started the scoring at 11:01 of the third quarter on a great feed from Munsel to cut the lead the three (5-2) but he wasn't finished, following up the effort with two straight unassisted goals as the Express pulled to within one (5-4).

The Dolphins tried to answer the Express onslaught, scoring with 1:42 remaining in the third quarter. The Express drew a Dolphins penalty with less than a minute remaining and held on to the delayed call until the end of the quarter to take advantage of the one minute slashing penalty in the fourth quarter.

The Express did not wait long as Munsell scored on a Mulcahey pass just 25-seconds into play to pull within one (6-5). Wells evened things up five minutes later as Aberle scored from point blank range off a great pass from David Kaus (Erie, Pa.) with 9:29 to play.

Both teams rang shots off the post but, with less than a minute remaining, Wells regained possession, drove to the offensive end and called time-out with 38-seconds remaining to draw up one final play. Out of the time-out, Lambert took the ball and drove to the right side of the goal, beat his defender and sniped a shot top corner over the goalies shoulder to give Wells a 7-6 lead with 33-seconds remaining.

The Dolphins would make one last attempt but the Express defensive came up huge, causing a turnover on a driving attack man and then sending the ball down the field, killing the clock and securing the comeback victory.

"These guys played their hearts out and never quit," said head coach Bryan Jenkins. "They believed in themselves and each other. I could not be prouder of how we responded today.

Both teams finished with 17 shots on goals while the Dolphins held the advantage in ground balls 59-37 and face-offs 10-14.

Dan Cohen (Ardsley, N.Y.) led the Dolphins with a team high three goals while Matt Barlow (Bronx, N.Y.), Bruce Pappas (Montrose, N.Y.), and Larry Caputo (Hicksville, N.Y.) each tallied a goal. Kyle Kalibat (Oceanside, N.Y.) suffered the loss in net finishing with ten saves.

The Express return to action on Saturday, March 31 when they take on Penn. St. Abington at 3:00 p.m. in Aurora, N.Y.